A Complete Guide to Cancel Apple Music Subscription on iPhone, Android, Computer and Apple TV
Last Updated on
Apple Music is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world, following the trend of subscribing to steaming service with a flat fee per month to access a vast library of music in the hand, rather than buying music from store. Apple Music is great, but it is certainly not for everyone. You may have already tried the 3-month Apple Music free trial or paid monthly to keep the Apple Music subscription, and now, you find you don’t want it and decide to cancel Apple Music trial or Apple Music subscription. Whatever reason you’d like to cancel Apple Music subscription, we are here to help you unsubscribe from Apple Music across your devices, including iPhone, Android, computer (Mac and PC), Apple TV in our quick guide.
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription during the 3-month free trial?
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription on iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch?
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Android devices?
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Computer (Mac and PC)?
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Apple TV?
- What happened to saved Apple Music songs after cancellation?
- What should you notice about cancellation and billing?
- How to keep Apple Music forever?
How to cancel Apple Music subscription during the 3-month free trial?
Everyone gets three free months of Apple Music, after which point they’ll be charged for a subscription. If this is not for you, you need to make sure you’re not caught out after the three-month free trial is up.
To prevent being billed automatically after your Apple Music trial is up, you can unsubscribe from Apple Music immediately (you don’t have to wait until the trial is over) during the first 3-month. It takes a couple of minutes to cancel your subscription, here is what you need to do:
- Tap the Music app in the bottom.
- Go to For You and click your photo on the top right to view your account.
- Tap View Apple ID. (If you’re asked for your Apple ID password, enter it here.)
- Scroll down to Subscriptions section and Tap Apple Music Membership.
- Tap Cancel Trial.
- Tap Confirm to cancel Apple Music trial.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch?
Apple Music can be enjoyed on either iPhone or iPad, iPod touch if iOS 8.4 or above is installed. If you want to end Apple Music subscription, you can use any of your iOS device to make it. Cancelling Apple Music subscription on an iOS device is straightforward, you just need to know where to look. Here we take iPhone as example to show you how to cancel Apple Music subscription with several clicks.
Note: You have to make sure that your device is included in iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 2 or newer, iPad mini or newer, iPod touch 5th generation.
- Open the Music app and tap on the For You tab, followed by your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap View Account.
- Select View Apple ID.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Tap Apple Music Membership.
- Find Cancel Subscription button. Tap it, then confirm your decision. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Android devices?
Apple Music supports Android phones and tablets. If you want to quit your Apple Music subscription from your Android phone or tablet, read this:
- Launch Apple Music app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on your name at the top of the menu. Then, tap on View Account.
- Tap Manage Membership and then tap on Subscription.
- Disable Automatic Renewal and confirm. You can enjoy your subscription until the end of the period.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Computer (Mac and PC)?
If you’re using the Mac or PC on which you signed up for Apple Music, you could cancel Apple Music subscription using iTunes on your desktop or laptop computer, too. To do that, follow these steps:
Launch iTunes on your computer and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on Account menu and select View My Account. (You may need to authenticate your Apple ID)
- On the Account Information screen for your Apple ID, scroll down to the Settings section and click Manage on the Subscriptions line.
- In the row for your Apple Music Membership, click Edit.
- Click Cancel Subscription and confirm.
- In the Automatic Renewal section of that screen, click the Off button and click Done.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Apple TV?
As Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) supports Apple Music service, you can also terminate the subscription from Apple Music on these Apple TV. Here shows how to cancel your Apple Music subscription using your Apple TV.
Note: You won’t be able to get it done from your Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier as they don’t support the music service.
- Go to Settings on your Apple TV and hit Accounts.
- Select Subscriptions, then choose Manage Subscriptions.
- You might be asked to sign in, then sign in using your Apple ID.
- Select Apple Music, then select Cancel Subscription.
What happened to saved Apple Music songs after cancellation?
To keep enjoying songs from Apple Music even though the WIFI is disconnected, you may have saved songs for offline playback. This really helps people who want to listen to the songs without streaming and using any of their monthly data plan. These offline saved songs are located in the iTunes or iOS Music library. However, you are only allowed to access those songs when your Apple Music subscription is active.
And now, you unsubscribe from Apple Music, you will no longer be able to listen to those saved songs from Apple Music.
What should you notice about cancellation and billing?
No matter you cancel Apple Music subscription online or via iPhone or other device, your subscription is canceled after you follow the steps above.
1.Your subscription is tied to your Apple ID, canceling it in one location means canceling it in all of the locations where you use your Apple ID. So, no matter what device you used to sign up, if you end your subscription on iPhone, you’re also canceling in iTunes and on your iPad, and vice versa.
2.It’s important to know, though, that your access to Apple Music isn’t immediately ended at that point. Because subscriptions are charged at the beginning of each month, you’ll still have access until the end of the current month.
3.Apple Music will automatically charge you after your free Apple Music trial. So if you realize Apple Music just isn’t your thing, unsubscribe the service to prevent being automatically billed after your three month free trial is up.
4.Unless you’re 100% sure you’re going to stick with Apple Music, we suggest turning the auto-renewal feature off in case you forget to cancel the service or got auto-charged for your Apple Music subscription.
5.Some mobile phone service offer Apple Music bundling. If you signed up for Apple Music through your mobile phone provider, you have to contact them to cancel.
How to keep Apple Music songs forever?
When Apple Music subscription is cancelled or expired, you can no longer access the music because of DRM (digital rights management), a widely used technology to prevent copying or sharing. If you want to keep Apple Music songs free, you will need the Apple Music DRM removal tool to unlock DRM from Apple Music. (Note that the tool is for personal usage only) Here we show you how to save Apple Music songs with Apple Music DRM removal to keep the songs forever. You need to make sure that your Apple Music subscription is still active when you use the application to save Apple Music songs.$39.95 Buy Now (Mac) $39.95 Buy Now (Windows)
Step 1: Add Apple Music songs to the application
Launch iTunes DRM Audio Converter, Click + icon on the top left to open the Add windows, where you can select any of your favorite Apple Music songs to the program.
Step 2: Set output for Apple Music songs
Click the setting button on the top right and select your desired output format for Apple Music songs. You can choose the export formats from MP3, AAC, WAV to FLAC. The output quality can also be customized. The highest is 320kbps, following 256kbs, 192kbps, 128kbps.
Step 3: Start converting Apple Music songs
Click Convert button on the bottom to start converting Apple Music tracks to the format you set in the step 2. iTunes DRM Audio Converter enables 20x conversion speed which is quite convenient if you are going to convert plenty of songs at a time.
You will find the converted Apple Music songs in the destination folder easily. These songs are free and you can enjoy them without restriction.$39.95 Buy Now (Mac) $39.95 Buy Now (Windows)
If you don’t want to be charged after the free trial or you’re fed up entirely and want to quit Apple Music, you need to cancel your Apple Music subscription. Finding the options for canceling that subscription isn’t so easy because these options are always hidden in your iPhone’s Settings app or in your Apple ID in iTunes. That’s why we list all the methods with detailed steps to get you back. No matter you enjoy Apple Music an iPhone, Android or computer, Apple TV, you could cancel the subscription from Apple Music easily without headache. We also answer the frequently asked questions on cancellation and billing, as well as show you tips to save Apple Music. We hope this post do help you.